Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Party ...Tuesday style.......


Another amazing Christmas Party with the girls......

It started at my place this year, coffee, Christmas biscuits and lots of chatting.


Then gift giving.....
Once again these terrific naughty girls gave wonderful pressies.....

Look at these 2.... like little kids in a toy shop....
Love it.


My gifts.....

from Norreen
Very nice egg timer, little note book and pen, great wall plaque....
 a very cute Santa...choccies too but I forgot to put them in the photo.


from Sandi
A very beautiful Royal Albert Christmas ornie..... my favourite china as you all know by now.
and a lovely ink sketch, what will I make with that I wonder.....



from Teresa
Love this magnetic pin dish..... no more pins on the floor.
I have ideas already for this terrific tape with wooden Christmas trees on it.


Thanks so much girls..... love them all.

Well it was time to hit the road for our special Christmas lunch at 
 "Fox and Hounds" 
an authentic English Pub at Wongawallan


Its a great place with so much to see inside..... 
lots of English memorabilia  as you will see in the photos.

I have been here several times before but it was a first visit for the girls and it was fun watching them taking photos......


 Trust Sandi.....
 taking a photo of me taking a photo of them...... lol




We were very lucky as we had the pub to ourselves for quite a while.



Here they are in the Irish room...


Ok girls its time to be good now.....
Drinkies time.....
They brew  their own beers and other drinks....
 The "Foxy Lady" ginger cider was recommended to us and naturally being good girls we asked about the alcohol content and yep it had heaps so just a small one for me as I was the driver today.

 " Foxy Lady "


Do you think they are....... Foxy Ladies...... ?
I do.....



Some had more than 1...... ooooowa


 OMG it really was a great drink..... mmmmmm yum



 Does a Tuesday go by without this.....

Technical issues with Nor...

She has finally done it..... driven me to drink.....


Our lunch was fantastic.....
we went with the Turkey and vegetables.... keeping with the Christmas theme.


Then we chose this dessert.....
don't say anything  as I know what you are thinking....... lol...
the giggling started and went on and on, we couldn't see the plate for the tears.

Its Deep Fried Mars Bar..... great.....
it tastes better than it looks.....


The staff are really great and offered to take a photo of us with......

Drum roll if you please........

Queen Elizabeth

she is looking a bit off colour .....
maybe too many "Foxy Lady" drinks.
The corgi's were very well behaved I must say.


Of course we had to have a "selfie"
very clever Teresa....


We all had the best day and I look forward to many many more Christmas outings together.

You girls are amazing.

Until next time.......Toodles






3 comments:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Looks like a great place. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Sarah said...

WOW! What a great time! I always smile reading the QLD girls posts.... I love it!!

Anonymous said...

lol great post Helen,had me smiling reading it,glad you girls had another wonderful day xx