Friday, September 06, 2013

Big and small finishes.......

At last my "Figgy Pudding" quilt is finished and of course that's the big finish...... I'm so happy with this quilt and its quite different in style from my other Christmas quilts but I'm sure it will fit in somewhere, Corinne is eyeing it off as it would fit very nicely with her Christmas colours so I will have to make sure that it doesn't disappear when I'm not looking...... 


The trees are 3D I guess you could say ...... I should have taken a photo with my hand behind them so you could get an idea of what I mean...... might do that tomorrow and add another photo.


Hmmmm maybe I will have to decorate the bedroom this year or should I give it to Corinne, we will see.



                                                   Every quilt needs a label 



Now for my small finish, this tiny pin cushion is a kit from "Patchwork Mariko Japan", I love small projects.... ooops should have put a couple of pins in it.


These are the last of my "Crazy Christmas" blocks stitched so I can now start joining this quilt together too and hopefully it will be another finish..... woohooooo





"It's Time for Christmas" BOM   from the Homespun magazine that I'm doing with  a couple of  friends  from our Tuesday Girls group ...... this should be finished for Christmas too we hope.



Well I seem to be on a roll at the moment so I'm off to get the next block ready to begin.

7 comments:

Christine M said...

You have been very productive Helen. Your crazy Christmas blocks are gorgeous. I just love the Three Wise Men.

Noela said...

Beautiful quilt Helen. I love this pattern, I have some figgy pudding fabric in my cupboard somewhere. All your blocks are lovely, lots of new Xmas quilts this year at your place. Hugs....

Susan said...

Lots of lovely stuff as always Helen - I think you should keep your figgy pudding trees for a year - then pass them along to Corrine.

Anonymous said...

Love the tree quilt, put me 2nd inline to Corinne :)
your stitcheries are beautiful as always
have a great stitching weekend

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your Figgy Quilt Helen and those blocks 'wow'....

Lynda said...

Christmas decorating in your home will be FABulous this year! Love the tiny pincushion. I am still to make my macaroon.

Tatkis said...

Wonderful Christmas quilt!
Your stitched blocks are so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana