Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I've been pondering......

and struggling with the
 "Romancing the Roadtrip" quilt.....
I just couldn't seem to get my head around this quilt at all....

Then I had a light bulb moment....lol...
I'm soooo happy with my new idea.....

My quilt will be very different from the pattern.....
I'm personalising all my postcards so it will end up being a travel memory quilt.....

So here is my new plan.....
I will be making a quilt top using the "Stack and whack" method then needleturning the postcards in a random fashion on top.....
This will then allow me to add more postcards after the quilt is finished (quilted and bound) as I'm hoping that I will continue to do a bit more travelling in the future.....
Of course I have no idea at this stage how many postcards I will make either.......

So there you have it......

Gosh...I feel better now that I've made a decission....
My February postcards.....


Toodloooo......



5 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Helen i think this is a great idea,you will enjoy it more now that you have made a decision,hope you have a lovely evening my friend xx

Fiona said...

that's going to be lovely … and great that you can add to it as you have some more trips.... I see one is Norfolk Island... funnily enough Hubz was looking it up yesterday - maybe a trip there is planned....
Hugz

Maria said...

That's a great idea Helen and it will be a special memory Quilt for you.....

Raewyn said...

This is a great idea. I always have grand plans of a special quilt after I've travelled but it never happens. You'll have fun re-living your travels.

Susan said...

Very clever idea Helen