Sunday, July 26, 2009

Woohooooo..... doing a Happy dance



Very bravely and with a bit of a push from friends I entered my "Vintage Valentine" quilt in the Mt. Gravatt Show here in Brisbane so my daughter .... Heather and I went this afternoon to see how it went and what a lovely surprise to see I got a first in the quilt section so of course Heather insisted on taking a piccie with me next to the quilt and as you can see I tried hard not to be in the front, I received a great voucher of $50 to spend in a craft shop in Capalaba called "Pleasuresew" what a prize for a crafter, I don't think I will struggle to spend it thats for sure.

15 comments:

Lynda said...

Congratulations Helen - so proud of you. This is wonderful news and so well deserved.

Tess said...

Congratulations Helen, I told you you would bring home the gold - in this case the blue ribbon. You are a very talented lady.

The Rabbit Factory said...

Congratulations...your quilt looks amazing!

Ariane said...

Congratulation!!! You deserve it. That's one of my favorite quilts. You did an amazing job.

Teresa said...

Yee haaa! Knew you would do it.... Well done Helen, you truly deserved to win. Great photo too xx

Jeanette said...

Congratulations Helen. Your quilt looks fabulous.

Vicki ♥ said...

If I was a judge I would have given you a first too!! How wonderful...congrats!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Helen congratulations...that is awesome, your quilt is amazing..

Diann said...

Well done, Helen. Your quilt is beautiful. Just goes to show what a Gaaaant chart can achieve! I'm still not finished. Am I still going to get into trouble?

Deb said...

Congratulations Helen,this doesn not surprise me at all. Your work is stunning. You deserve to do the happy dance-wahoo!!

Anonymous said...

What a great achievement and the firstprize was also, it's god to se all that effort paid off.
Your quit is stunning...can we have a closeup posted on yur blog?

Anonymous said...

sorry about the previous post and its missing letters...having problems with my keyboard

Jen said...

Congrats Helen. When you said you entered I just knew you would win.

Sarah said...

WOW Helen!! Congratulations! And well deserved I say.... I have some of your work and it is just outstanding! Well done
x Sarah

Laurence said...

Congratulations. Very beautiful quilt !