Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Firsts !!!!!!

First Tuesday get together for 2016 with the girls and nothing new there really I guess....
laughing eating and not a lot of sewing........
it was soooo good.

Foolishly I don't have any photos but that's nothing new either.....so slack of me.

My first project for this year as well......

A Studio Mio kit  "Out and About Bag" given to me for my birthday in 2014  I think....

I  did look at it a longggggg time ago but was a bit put off as it was all glued together and I wasn't very keen on that idea, even the metal purse frame was glued on.
Sandi's hubby drilled holes across the frame for me and once again it sat there but this year I'm on a mission to make kits that I have on the waiting list, hidden in the cupboard hoping the fairies might do for me.

So here it is all done and dusted......
but all sewn not glued.




I just love it and wish now that I had made it ages ago.

So expect to see lots more small projects here soon.

In our family Secret Santa giving (in an earlier post)  I gave to June.......
the perfect gift for a 17 year old a selfie stick and she is making the most if it too.

Love this photo and just wanted to share it on my blog.


So that's it for now......

Toodles

3 comments:

Maria said...

Sew nice to be back in loop with your Tuesday girls... Love the red spotted bag ! Sew cute...
A selfie was the perfect gift for June. Great photo..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Tis a great photo and love the bag xxx

Susan said...

The bag looks lovely - such a gorgeous colour - and much "nicer" to sew it instead of gluing it.