Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tired but still up for an outing with the girls....

On Friday the 6th saw us heading out again......

We were all sooooo tired from our Tassie trip but that didn't hold us back from another outing
So "Christmas in the Country" at Gatton was calling so off we went
You probably know us well so it won't be a surprise that the first thing was.....

Yep... coffee and cake


We were really on a mission to meet our "blog stalker" Desley and to see her stand of wonderful Annie Smith dolls.
So many terrific dolls.... well done Desley


We had a window of a few hours to meet Desley ......
we looked and looked but couldn't find her anywhere so we took photos to prove we had showed up.

Teresa and me at Desley's stand.


Sandi.... me .... Nor


So we all made a few purchases but sadly I can't show what I bought just yet.


There was a lovely park just outside of the venue so naturally we had a few more photo moments.




Shopping tends to make one very hungry so we needed to find a cafe.....
and we found the perfect place for us on our way home.

What a great name for a cafe.


Yum it was good too.



Thanks girls for another great outing.

I have been busy since I returned from Tasmania....
more Miss Matty's Parlour hexies.


Put the binding on my quilt 


Then realised...... how could I possibly sew the binding down without a.....

Goody Goody Binding Kit of course .....
so off I went to the sewing room and here it is.
You will find a great tutorial here



Ahhhh now I can begin....


Ta Daaaaa....finished



Wonderful quilting done by Sarah

I think that will be enough for today.

Toodles

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,boy you sure have been busy since you have been back ,you girls sure live life to the fullest,lots of lovely pics there Helen,Thankyou for sharing your fun times with us xx

Susan said...

That would be Marbug for coffee I think??
Funny about the fabric of your goody goody binding kit..longish story and tell you on 29th.

Maureen Clare said...

You know Helen, I have just gotten out of bed but after reading about your adventures, I am tired enough to go back to bed. Like your goody goody binding kit and like someone else I know I have a 'longish' story too on 29th. Now off you go and have a nice recuperating rest. xx

Deb R said...

Looks like a great day!

Chookyblue...... said...

I do love that hexie quilt Helen.. Wished I lived closer to you girls bit at least you share all your fun with us..

Chookyblue...... said...

I do love that hexie quilt Helen.. Wished I lived closer to you girls bit at least you share all your fun with us..