Thursday, November 05, 2015

FIS Tassie retreat....

We had soooo much fun that I just don't know where to start with this post.
So many photos to show .....

Thursday

One of Cathy's famous selfies  to start.....
Cathy took us out for tea at the Metz and it was a great way to start our trip.



Our wonderful accommodation for night 1 ....
it was just fabulous, built in 1840 and very nicely restored.

"Hillview House"



I'll let the photos do the talking.....






Friday
I thought I would take the girls to a fantastic little tea house for morning tea but.... 
its gone so we then had to find somewhere else and we did of course.

Firstly we did a bit of sight seeing .... 
These carved figures at George Town.... all done with a chainsaw, how amazing is that.



Then morning tea at the Pilot's Station at Low Head.
When we saw Sarah she told us that her Grandmother grew up in this house.

Its now a cafe.




Then on to Sarah's shop ....

Patchwork Plus... and it is such a lovely shop.



Of course a little retail therapy was needed.


A yummie cake.....


                                                                  and a gift bag too.......
Thank you very much Sarah.


Off to the "Cherry Shed" for lunch at Latrobe.



We hit the road again and headed to Port Sorell for our retreat.

Don't worry I will be back with more of our adventures.


4 comments:

Cath said...

Oh, how wonderful...I wish I had known about the retreat...I would have loved to have driven up for that...I have stayed at the Hillview House B&B...we were in Launceston for a wedding and my husbands family (mostly from Melbourne) and us took over the whole house! Enjoy the rest of the retreat....look forward to more posts!

Leanne said...

Hi Helen
Great photos of your first 2 days in Tassie, I had such a good time.

Lynda said...

That's a very tame photo us at the Cherry Shed.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks like a fantastic fun time in Tassie...........