Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mischievous Gossip and finishes.....


Now what can I say really .... that naughty Sandi is telling porkies, I don't hate mug rugs..... I just can't see the point of them ..... but the girls give me  a hard time now and again that I don't have one and I usually have my water bottle in a plastic bag ......so the real story is.......I bought this lovely fabric to make the "Hatched and Patched " Mug Bag, then thought  I really agree that I need a water bottle bag as a plastic bag is a bit slack.... yes it does have insul-bright in it so it should stay nice and cold...... I decided to make a mug rug to hush the girls up but now thinking about it..... I have given in to peer pressure......so this will be the one and only mug rug I make and no I don't want anymore.

These girls are so naughty but heaps of fun that's why I chose the saying on the mug rug and they are truly great friends to have..... love you girls.




Now onto something more sensible, we have been making this very cute pincushion which is a "Birdhouse" pattern and was a lot of fun to make.

I have just noticed that the mouse has only got 2 feet...... poor little fellow..... lol






This is our "Bevy of Beautiful Mouses"....... yes I do know that's not a word..... lol
but I love making up words.

Poor Teresa didn't have her pincushion on Tuesday as she has been without her sewing machine but if you pop over to her blog she has now finished it.


Food is always a big part of our days together but this all looks a bit healthy for us.....
yummie though.


That's it for now.

Our lovely Tuesday friend Norreen has joined the blog world after a few problems so if you could encourage her that would be wonderful.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

I didn't even notice your disable mouse....
You have to make more mug rugs cause we want them as pressies....oh ok a quilt will do...lol

Jeanette said...

I was wondering about the mouse & his legs when I was making mine. Love the pincushions. Hugs, xx

Lynda said...

The mouses are beautiful Helen. You haven't given in to peer pressure - you were experimenting with a new pattern.

Maria said...

Love all those mouses pincushions .... I do love mug rugs and use my all the time. One next to my computer and one I. The. Sewing room. Too. Even hubby looks for it to put my cuppa on.

Susan said...

How is that poor mouse going to escape from Maci???
I love your little set..even if its a one off!

Noela said...

It's funny, you either like mug rugs or you don't. Yours is beautiful and I'll keep it in my memory never to give you one if I get you in a swap Helen LOL. Hugs......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You girls do know how to push each others buttons....LOL...but it is a cute set...and those pin cushions are the cutest...

Christine M said...

I saw Sandi's post and had a little chuckle. Your little set is just lovely, Helen. I love those mouse pin cushions too. Maybe the mouse has his front feet in his pockets! LOL!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful set you have made Helen and i love the fabrics they are made in and boy those mouse pincushions are pretty cute and i am off to visit Noreen ,hope you have a lovely day Helen.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

those girls are a bunch of gossips for sure........how could they be so mean........lol.......