Thursday, January 16, 2014

A newsy catchup

No blogging going on here but I have been sewing even though I have little motivation at the moment, I will get these blocks together soon as its been under construction for some time.

Spider Quilt



I've done a bit of online shopping..... not as a reward for all my sewing as that would be a stretch of the imagination...... just because....... I love this little bag as its only big enough for a phone, tissues and money for those times when you don't want to carry a handbag.



Yes another purchase for me...... ummmahhhh very naughty but I am having fun with my tablet.


I needed a coffee break as all this techno stuff is doing my head in........



This is history repeating itself...... I made this quilt "Christmas Belles" in 2008  then decided to sell it and my friends said " You will be sorry you know" and as much as I hate to admit it they were right, its the only quilt I have ever sold and it will be the last.  I've made a plan of action so it will be finished for Christmas this year..... Sandi, Tereasa and Norreen are joining in with me this time so I look forward to seeing the same quilt in different fabrics.

I'm using fabric from my stash as I did the first time so there isn't any fabric buying to be done, I'm also trying to keep the fabrics as close or the same as the first one.





That's my lot for the moment and hopefully I will have more to show next time .......

8 comments:

Susan said...

We all need a tablet - of some sort!
Your quilt will come together so much more quickly with all that pushing - oops motivation happening....

Cath said...

some lovely quilty stuff going on at your place!
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

KaHolly said...

Oooh, can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

i love that pattern i pulled mine out yesterday and had a look at it ,very whimsical,have fun with your new tablet.xx

Sandi said...

Looks great Helen, I suppose I had better put up a photo of mine now....lol

Noela said...

I know what you mean about the techno stuff. I still have my pattern not started Helen and here you are on quilt no 2. Hugs.....

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

You do beautiful work , Helen. The angel in her blue dress is gorgeous.
The spiderweb/star blocks will make up into a very pretty sutble quilt. This one is on my to do list. Heaven only knows, I have enough scraps to do it!

Marilyn said...

The Christmas Belle blocks look lovely. It will be a gorgeous quilt. I like your little bag - very handy to have one that size.