Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Mt. Alford retreat....

Mt. Alford Lodge ......

 This is such a beautiful place, peaceful and relaxing.....
I was lucky enough to be invited to join a lovely group of girls for a weekend retreat.....




It was a bit overcast but still beautiful.....

Our cabin.....

Cheryl  and  Alison were  my roomies....

It is great to enjoy having my own room with ensuite.....



Lunch at the local Mt. Alford pub....


Lots of sewing .... chatting and of course eating.....

I didn't take any food photos which is very unusual for me....

the meals were wonderful and so nice to be served without having to do the dishes ......

The white board "To Do List"....

Lots of terrific projects made by the girls....

I missed a lot of the projects for photos being the new girl ... lol .....










Maureen and Susan did a surprise project for everyone....
A cute scissor keep.....


My effort....


Thanks for my "Loose Threads" badge Maureen.....
I will treasure it as a lovely reminder of my time with you and the other girls....


My sewing .....

Books for Colby....


Lap quilt for Hollie....



8 Churn Dash blocks....



So pleased with my sewing results for a short retreat.....
Random photos on a walk around the Lodge.....







Oh my gosh ..... a sunset photo, very unusual for me....


These 2 little ladies were also there.....
"Belle and Pearl"
I have no idea what the story is for these 2 cuties but a photo was a must....



Well that is my retreat story.....

I had such a good time meeting new people and enjoying time with others I already knew.....

Thanks so much for the invitation Susan.......

I'm off to do a little sewing now....

Retreats always stir up motivation so onwards and upwards....

Toodles....

6 comments:

loulee said...

Looks like a fantastic retreat.

Susan said...

It was lovely having you join us - thank you
the Belle & Pearl story . . .
Many years ago when a lot of us went to Boystown for retreats Erica made the dolls - but they had no hair.
When we started at Mt Alford - Erica bought the girls along and added the hair.
Each year Maureen gives them a little gift - so they have acquired the scarves, the necklaces, the little "in progress" quilt etc etc

Marika said...

hello, how nice the place looks, you had a wonderful relaxing lovely time. very nice projects sewn. You can see that you had fun. Creative regards Marika

Chookyblue...... said...

What a lovely spot to go for a retreat...... Lots of great projects.....

Nutty Nor's Nest said...

Looks like you had a great time and alot of sewing done.The place looks lovely and relaxing.

Sandi said...

great post - loved reading all about the retreat and the place looked fabulous too... catch up soon xxx