Tuesday, November 06, 2012

A finish for OPAM

 
I'd like you to meet "Tillie" she is a Rosalie Quinlan pattern, she is a pretty doll and a nice change from the other dolls I have been making.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This little fellow came crashing into our kitchen window and falling onto the ground but he didn't seem to be injured just a bit stunned so I was able to get quite close to him for these photos.
 
 
He is a Kingfisher and his colours are so beautiful, he flew away after a while no worse for wear.
 

                                                   "An Earl Grey Moment" quilt news.

 Unfortunately the lady who was going to custom quilt it for me has been taken sick, I'm very disappointed as I have been waiting for a few months so I  have the quilt back and now I'm not sure who I will get to do it for me.  Hopefully I will sort this dilemma out soon, I'm so keen to get it done but I guess these things are sent to try us.

12 comments:

Cath said...

Such a sweet doll and I love her apron. Great pic of the kingfisher. They are not easy to get a photo of. Hope he was back to the skies in no time
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Noela said...

Lovely dolly Helen. Such a same your quilting lady is not well. You would definitely want someone who you could trust with your beautiful quilt. Hope you can find a new quilter soon. Hugs

Susan said...

I'm glad you little bird is OK - we occasionally have that happen too - what a noise! Very disappointing about your quilt - especially when you were on that long waiting list.

Anonymous said...

beautiful doll Helen and that kingfisher is such a handsome bird,hope you find someone soon to quilt your quilt.xx

Sandi said...

Love your doll and I know the fabric you have used for the dress and it is one of my favourites..
Silly old kingfisher..tell him to use the door next time he wants to visit..

Cheryll said...

Isn't he a good looking fellow... as well as your doll is pretty! Fingers crossed that you find a new quilter who can get it done quickly for you! :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a sweet dolly. Our Kingfishers are so beautiful...glad he was ok.
I am disappointed for you about the Earl Grey quilt....but I am patient and I can wait. I do hope your quilting friend is well again soon.

Lynda said...

Such beautiful colours in the kingfisher. I'm glad he's ok. Love your new doll - she is very sweet. I hope you find someone to do you quilt soon and that the quilting lady recovers quickly.

Nicola said...

I love your doll and the photo of the kingfisher.

It is never easy to find someone you can trust with a treasured quilt.

debbie said...

Your doll is very pretty. I love the fabric you used. I always say you can never have too many dolls or bags :). I once did a cross stitch of a Kingfisher (I think it was a free DMC pattern) and my dear 96 year young grandmother (97 in Dec) still has it hanging in her sewing room. They have such lovely colours. debbie

Diann said...

Kingfishers are my favourite birds. I see one very occasionally here in the backyard. Your dolly is very sweet too. Did you make her apron? Hope you get your quilt done soon. I know you don't like waiting!!

Kaylee said...

Tillie is just gorgeous Helen, I love making dolls.