Monday, July 25, 2011

Lucky girl.......

Well I'm a lucky girl, I put my "Blossom Lane" quilt and "Girls Day Out" quilt in the Mt Gravatt Show on the weekend and here are the results..... a first for one and a second for the other, it was so exciting to see them hanging with their ribbons on and with the first prize came a $20 voucher at Brisbane Sewing Centre and $50 cash.......pretty good I think.








I'm also lucky to be able to put this post on my blog really as we are having putor troubles so I'm not sure when I'll be posting again ...... I need to get off here before it shuts down as it seems to have a mind of its own..... we are getting a new computor next week. I'll be back soon I hope ......

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done you deserved it with these two finishes they are beautiful

Jo in TAS said...

Congratulations Helen! They're beautiful!!
Happy Spending
Jo

Kaylee said...

Congratulations Helen, how exciting for you. The quilts are glorious. Cheers Kaylee

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congratulations Helen....both are wonderful finishes....well done...

Show and Tell said...

Well done Helen, they are lovely.....I bet i know what you will spend your money on!!!!!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations Helen. Both quilts are beautiful. Happy Stitching,

Lynda said...

Congratulations Helen - such beautiful quilts and so beautifully stitched.

De said...

Congratulations Helen!

Marilyn said...

And by the look of them they were deserving winners. Well done Helen. I am sure you will have no trouble using your prizes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lucky Lady, I would have given you 2 blue ribbons as they both are gorgeous

Christine said...

Congratulations. Your quilts look fabulous.

Jan said...

Well done, Helen. And so well-deserved; they're lovely.

Roseanne said...

Congratulations Helen you deserve to win your quilt are beautiful.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congratulations!!!! You clever girl! How wonderful. Beautiful work both of them. I feel so excited for you Helen.

Noela said...

Congratulations Helen. Quilts look lovely. Hope to see you at Tamborine in a few weeks.

Vicki ♥ said...

Congratulations Helen and very deserving too :) Hope your computer problems get sorted out :) Hugs Vicki x

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats Helen.........well done at the show and great to support the local shows.........

Marg said...

Congratulations. I was so excited when i saw these at the show. I recognised the Girls Day Out - having seen it at Homespun and Beautiful when you were deciding how to quilt it. Great job on both. How did you go with Viewer's Choice? I voted for Girls Day Out!

rozhearts said...

Congratulations Helen your quilts are just beautiful and deserve to win. Certainly makes you feel all the enjoyable work at creating a quilt is all worthwhile.
(((HUGS))) Roz.