Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Another OPAM for May

Going well so far...... I joined the "Gift of the Month" club from "Faeries in My Garden" last year  but I seemed to get side tracked and didn't get my monthly projects done so I've decided to get a wriggle on to complete them as I also joined again this year and I'm getting a build up so these are the lovely "Amy's Coat Hanger Collection" there is only 3 in this collection but the candlewick hanger is a project I bought at a craft show some time ago .... not saying how long...... so I thought I would slip this one in at the same time.



Below is a Bronwyn Hayes block in the "Breast of Friends" quilt from  Homespun magazine, I bought all the fabric and of course have all the books so I thought it would be a good idea to get it started while I do "A Gardeners Journal" quilt with the online group "Stitch-A-Long" so the plan is to get them both finished at the same time so I will see how it goes..... naturally I think its a good plan..... what do you think ?


6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

the coat hangers are just gorgeous Helen, and I do like your idea of doing both quilts, your block is just so lovely.

Anonymous said...

so many post Helen, you are being a good girl :) the coat hangers are just too nice to cover with clothes so just leave the ironing as you won;t have time to do it anyways with all of this stitching you are doing, looking forward to seeing more Best of Friends blocks as they are so quirky...have fun

Vicki said...

I DO love Bronwyn Haye's designs!!!!

Lynda said...

The coathangers are so pretty Helen. Your BOF block is lovely - are you using the original fabrics in all the blocks?

Jen said...

What a busy lady you have been. Mmmmm I could tell how long ago it was that you got the candlewick pattern ..... but I won't cos I am a good friend like that.

Cath Ü said...

Helen the coat hangers are lovely... love the BH design too..
Cath's Blog
Cath Ü