Saturday, October 26, 2019

A few things....

I forgot to post about......

 I finally got around to getting last year's blog book done......
It's always so interesting to look back over the year gone.....


We were enjoying a conversation with Heather and didn't notice Pippa jump up and make herself comfortable on one of my cushions.....


Cheeky little girl.....
Heather toooo......lol


I wasn't the only one visiting Liz the other day......lol
There are heaps of kangaroos around her home in Wacol,near a golf course......a very built up area as it happens and they come so  close to see what is going on.....


A long time ago we (Liz and me) were making a quilt for Liz, she was doing all the hand work and I did the machining.....
All she needed to do was to finish sewing the binding down but never got around to it....
So while visiting I finished it off....
The date was embroidered in the stitchery  border and to our surprise or maybe it should have been our embarrassment the  year was 2005.....oooowa.....
Even though it had been folded away there is some fading of the fabric but she loves it anyway....
I made matching cushions when we started the quilt....
It is a simple design but very effective.....
Finished at last....


and finally the start of a new project.....
OMG did I really say that......

" Quatro "
by Sue Daley.....
I'm doing this one with Sandi so motivation shouldn't be a problem......




Now I'm all caught up....hopefully......

Toodles......

5 comments:

Maria said...

Great idea doing a blog book each year. Wish I'd done it...
Cute photo of Pippa.
The new Sue Daly project is lovely. Nice bitght colours...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love the blog books. I have forgotten and ow to scared to get a quote lol! Great finish on the quilt. Love your new project x

Fiona said...

Great to get your blog book done and the quilt finished.. that was an unplanned long term UFO?? loving the new quilt...
Hugz

Lynda said...

Mum and I made the same quilt as you and Liz! It lives at Mum's place and she often has it on her bed to keep her feet warm.

Susan said...

a finished old quilt is still better than an unfinished one
I'm really looking forward to you working on Quattro...