Monday, January 15, 2018

Long story short......


Well here I go.....
some time ago (long time actually) I bought fabric and pattern for a beautiful quilt.....
I did make 3 of the appliqued blocks, other projects then took over so back in the cupboard it went.....
I then used the fabric for my 70th Birthday quilt..... so many lovely ladies made Teapot blocks for me, then I remembered the beautiful fabric I had in the cupboard earmarked for the other quilt.....
it was just perfect for the birthday quilt .....
so what to do with the 3 blocks.... back in the cupboard of course.....
I was given the beautiful doily bunting for Christmas from Sandi so in the sewing room it went but it just needed a couple of mini quilts to finish it all off.....
Light bulb moment.... the 3 blocks would be perfect .....
I was correct, I think they look fantastic....
I almost gave the 3 blocks to the local op shop, so glad I didn't ....
No waste.... all the fabric and blocks used so I'm very happy about that....

Phew.... that wasn't really a short story was it ?



First finish for the new year.....

Toodles....

7 comments:

Susan said...

Could have been a longer version! They look great up there.....a good use for them .....much better than hiding in a cupboard.

Anthea said...

Great to see them out on the wall to be enjoyed... in the cupboard, they are no use at all!

Jeanette said...

They look very lovely Helen. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

such a good idea... and they look great...

Hugz

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Great idea. They look great .lovely finish.

Maria said...

The doily bunting with the blocks over it looks fabulous...

Helen said...

Great idea and looks lovely.