Sunday, November 12, 2017

Fun and games at Warwick


Our sneaky Mrs Claus (Sandi) had lots of surprises for us.....
Lucky dip gifts......
We also played a steal the peg game of which De was the big winner......






Out to lunch at the Garden Centre.....



Lots of lovely Christmas decorations to buy there as well.....
I was a good girl, didn't buy anything......







 We were given a decoration challenge in the morning to be completed by the end of the day....

little kits of felt and stuffing, with a goodie box full of ribbons, beads, buttons, more felt and other bits and bobs to choose from......

I think we surprised ourselves really.....
they are all very pretty and clever ......


and the fun continues.......

Goodie bags to open.......




No-one knew what Sandi had been up to...... not a clue.....
she showered dressed and quietly went to the sewing room, set up this beautiful table full of goodies and then came back to the cabin put her PJ's back on and hopped into bed again.....
She must have been very quiet as I didn't hear her at all and she was one of my cabin buddies....... sneaky little girl......


We enjoyed lots  food and drinks but I forgot to get photos of the food......

Oh my gosh this drink was delicious.....
 a tub of Weiss Mango and Coconut sorbet plus a bottle of Moscato all mushed together.......


As it was Melbourne Cup Day we had our own race.......
unfortunately our wind up toys didn't go as straight as the horses did .......


Winding the toys for a quick get away.....





Here we are threading popcorn on string........
how Sandi ever got any photos amazes me really, she was laughing so hard I thought the photos would be blurry......





so much laughter......



Nor mastered that game...... very clever......


Sucking up M&M's with a straw and placing them in a glass is very difficult when you are laughing...........





Noela wasn't going to let anyone take her M&M's......



We had the best time......
It was fabulous, couldn't see a thing after these games......
 tears were streaming down our faces........
Thanks very much Sandi for all the work you did and making our retreat sooooo special.....

Very tired girls got back to sewing on Wednesday after our BIG party night.....
I did do some sewing.....
my Damask Rose blocks are ready to join together......


All the sashings done..... hoorayyyyyy


Just look at these 2 with their little spring buckets.......
they are very naughty......


Another quilt top made by Teresa.....
gorgeous fabrics....


Of course I have to show the goodies that I bought......


Susan did sew but I can't show any photos as it was all secret squirrel stuff.....

I always like to have a stroll through the lovely gardens at Glenrose and often find something I haven't seen before......



















The sewing room......




Rose Cottage....
Nor and Sandi were my cabin buddies.....


Once again it is time to say good-bye.......
Our last coffee together on the way home at Aratula.......
ooops and cheesecake of course.....



I have loved spending time with all these gorgeous girls......
Thanks heaps girls......

Toodles......




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen what a happy fun post,and how gorgeous was Sandi surprising you all with her Xmas treats.
Lol wish I was a fly on the wall watching you all play those games,lol xx

Maria said...

Thanks Helen for sharing your fantastic time at retreat...
Can't believe you all still had time to sew....

Susan said...

fantastic post to sum it all up - what fun we had.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the quilt you worked on..........so much fun by Sandi she sure is a sneaky girl........there are always lots of laughs with you girls..........

Jen said...

I am so jealous to have missed out on all the fun. Maybe next year will be as much fun and I will be there to take part. Seems like a lot of sewing happened as well and it all looks great.