Sunday, June 26, 2022

Warwick retreat.....10 year Anniversary.....

It was our 10th Anniversary to this wonderful place.....

Wow .... where have those years gone....

Alison was my cabin buddie, we had lots of chatting and giggling which made for very late nights.... 

Our cabin was "Wisteria"


Very chilly mornings but we did sleep in so not so bad really....



Scone making was first on my agenda....

De was my little helper.....




Retreat doesn't start until we have our morning tea and scones....
My first project was a cushion for my chair to use at our Sunday Stitchers meetings...
Not quite finished as I need to do a fitting at the next meeting to get it just right....


Sewing wasn't a priority for me as I really needed to enjoy the rest and relaxation and that is exactly what I did....

We had our celebration of 10 years at a new cafe for us....
it was terrific and will now be a regular in future retreats.....

Wild Grounds Cafe....


My lunch....



On our way back to Glenrose we stopped at "Shelley's" craft shop....
My little purchase....
A couple of book panels for Colby....Great Grandson....


Next project was to mend my pj's....
New but of course they don't make things like they used to....
Fabric not caught in the seam but all done now....


Next on my list was to cut all the squares for the 
"Embroidery Flower" quilt.... 
kit from " Kitty Rose Cottage" ....


1104 ....2" squares later....
Only 1164 of the background fabric left to cut....


A little naughty shopping....
Those Tiny Beasts just jumped on the counter and of course I had to buy them.....


Not a lot of sewing after that....
Just 2 churn blocks for Chooky's SAL....
I now have 4 done and need a total of  8 by the end of this month ......
I have decided to do 2 churn dash quilts so 12 blocks required by the 30th....
I need to get going....


Lots of laughing, eating, shopping and chatting took up most of the time .....
Forgot to take photos of all the great projects the girls made but I can tell you that they were fantastic....
Fun times with these great girls....
Lynda, Marilyn, Nor, De, Sue, Alison, Cheryl and me of course....


We always enjoy the last breakfast together at the Garden Centre Warwick....
French Toast for me and it was as good as it looks....


Thank you girls for a wonderful time....
special thanks to my cabin buddie Alison, really enjoyed your company.....

On arrival home a very pretty parcel was waiting for me...
from "Kitty Rose Cottage" Dawn hay....


Busy days ahead....
Toodles.....

5 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely post - the photos of everyone together are fabulous... So when is the new Kitty Rose blocks meant to be fitted in - you know you are a very busy lady..lol catchya soon

Maria said...

Such a beautiful place to have shared with your friends the past 10years….
Pleased you got to do a little sewing while relaxing.
You’ll enjoy making the books for Colby …
Have fun with your new BOM.

Susan said...

That is a LOT of cutting...I can see some of the sewing will be straightforward and some will make you pay attention!

Mending ...bad enough - and on retreat!!! - Guess it had to be done.

Loving the Tiny Beasts.
Sure you don't want to make an ABC book instead?

Fiona said...

10 years .... that's loads of fun... lovely projects and quite a range of different things to do.... lovely picture of you all
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

wow 10 years....must have been one of the early ones when I "dropped in"
looks like a wonderful time