Thursday, November 11, 2021

Happy.... not so happy..... now happy....

 Happy....

A few years ago Corinne went to Japan for a Christmas holiday and bought me a few 1/2 metre  pieces of gorgeous fabric.....

I found just the right project I wanted to make with one piece....

a laptop bag....

So the project began.....

Not so happy.....

It has taken me quite a few weeks to get it done....

there were lots of problems and nasty words spoken, not the greatest finish, a bit untidy inside but it is now complete.....

Happy now.....





I have been sewing but not able to show photos yet.....

secret squirrel stuff.....

I have caught up with the Black work SAL project that I'm doing with a couple of lovely ladies....

Only 4 weeks to go......


Our gorgeous King Parrot who just flies in and demands feeding.....
He is just so friendly...
Heather was absolutely delighted to have him land on her hand....


There is a wonderful new cafe in our local shopping centre ....

"Crunchy's Dessert Bar"

So we had to go and check them out....
quite a few times as you can see.....
Heather and I did the first visit.....


Second visit was with Liz and Heather for Liz's birthday.....


Then of course I had to take Mel....


All in one week.....
no wonder my shorts are a little tight....

Well I think that is about all my news for now.....
ending on a Happy note....

Happy Stitching.....





4 comments:

Christine M said...

Your bag looks great Helen. I love your black work stitching.

Maria said...

A lovely laptop bag Helen. And your blackwork project is gorgeous…
Oh that food at the new cafe does look delicious you’ll have to take Sandi and Nor next!

Susan said...

Well done on that bag - it doesn't look easy that is for sure!

The cafe is just far too dangerous I think!

Fiona said...

The bag is terrific..... great work.... lovely to have the King Parrot visiting... we get a couple around but they are a lot more shy than that..... good of you to support new small business!
Hugz