Thursday, August 27, 2020

Toowoomba retreat with.....

the Sunday Stitchers.....

Such a great weekend and so nice to be able to get away during the COVID19....
lots of conditions so we could stay safe but well worth the effort.....
Photo overload sadly for anyone reading this..... 
I'll limit the chatter as I wouldn't; want to bore you.....

Harry's café for brunch.....


De's great looking food....


Then off to visit craft shops but I was so excited to be out and about I forgot to take photos …..

Getting stuck set up and onto the serious sewing.....


But first.....
Fun and games organized by Alison and Susan....


We all wrote on sticky notes showing what we hope to achieve over the weekend......


social distancing of course, nice to have a table each.....


Alison gave us all a goodie bag which was great......


Alison also gave us a demonstration with masks....
for our safety of course.....


UFO for me....
Simple Life quilt pattern by Annie Downs....


Now unfortunately I have had a few sleeps since the retreat and can't remember which projects were UFO's or Show and Tell..... oooops

So I'll do my best …. hopefully I will get some right..... lol

UFO's I think...
Well this one is I'm sure.... lol
Susan...


Lynda.....


Alison


My Show and Tell.....


Pretty sure this is Lynda's.....


Jaunita….


Anita....


Marilyn....



Norreen….


Lynda.....


I don't know who made this one....
Non slip mat for your machine pedal....


Projects worked on, finished, started or anything in between....

De...


Lynda....


Juanita....



Anita....


Robyn I think....


Sandi…..


Alison....


Norreen…..


De.....


Susan.....



Marilyn....


Me....


Oooops can't remember who made these 2 ....



Sue.....


Maureen.....



Surprise project organized by Susan and Alison....
We had to bring 2 pieces of fabric... 1 lining and 1 outer.....

These are the results.....
the clasp is made from metal tape measures which click together like a magnet but not a magnet....
Bit hard to explain here really.....
Mine is the one with the doily....


Silliness from guess who ?????

Yes Sandi of course.....


and Nor.....


Never leave your phone unattended or this happens by the terrible two.....


Yes I did get to join in the fun....


Naturally we went out for a cuppa.....


The finish board of projects ......
Wow..... the girls did do well....


The next UFO number is......

Sadly the weekend came to and end but as we always do.....
find a café on the trip home.....



My shopping for the weekend...




Very unusual shopping for me but I'm really enjoying the garden at the moment....

Happy Stitching.....





5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lovely photo to start with.......one day I might be able to go to qld again.....in the year 2050?
Lots of great show and tell and projects worked on.......always inspiring times........

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great pics....glad you all had a beaut weekend despite rotten Covid! Wonderful UFO/show and tell x

Susan said...

In case you want to update:
(in order)
Non slip mat - Alison
Yes to the crosses for Robyn
Sue made the brown & grey one
Robyn made the blue crown

Great post and arent the garden hangers wonderful? Maureen picked up a couple on MOnday morning.

Fun weekend.

Maria said...

Your Simple Life looks great ...
WOW! All the ladies worked on lots of projects and brought along beautiful show and tell.
Sew good you all had a fabulous time.

Susan said...

That was fun reliving that retreat just after this years.