Monday, July 11, 2016

A little bit more Splendid.....

Splendid Sampler

Block 36


Block 37


Block 38


Block 39


Block 40


Block 41


Block  42

I have made soooo many mistakes with the paper piecing blocks.... all my fault and very silly errors really, sewing right and wrong sides of fabric together, cutting off the pieces that should stay there, cutting pieces a bit short and a lot of unpicking going on as well.

So I have decided to play a bit of a game with myself of course......

$1 in the tin for each mistake....
 silly I know but I think it will be fun to see how much I will have at the end of this Splendid journey.....

$5  was the fine for this block..... lol.....


I just thought I would show this photo of our grandson Thomas......
our family including Robert (his father and our son) haven't seen him for some years so it is nice to see a photo from time to time.... he is 14 years old.


Well that's about it for the moment.....
Toodles.....


6 comments:

Helen said...

Love your blocks especially block 42 oh and of course the pencil block. I think that's a great idea with the money and mistakes keep us updated.:)

Anonymous said...

good morning my friend ,wow your blocks are amazing Helen and your GS is a handsome young man,they growup so fast,hope you have a wonderful day ...

Maria said...

All you blocks do look great even when you make mistakes first... I would need a HUGE tin for all my mistakes.. Not doing PP any more.
What a great photo of Thomas..

Susan said...

Love the tin idea...good on you for persevering though after 5 mistakes...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your blocks are looking beautiful Helen...chicken little here has given up on the paper pieced ones. Special piccie of your grandson x

Fiona said...

your blocks are so lovely and you know I like the idea of fines - I think I would get a really good saving doing that!
Lovely to have the pic of your grandson - very special since you don't get to see him...x
Hugz