Saturday, December 21, 2013

50th Wedding Anniversary and FIS excitement

My goodness how time flies, 50 years ago today Gavan and I got married..... seems like only yesterday really...... I could be naughty and say " I wouldn't have got that long for murder" but I won't LOL..... its just as well Gavan knows me so well and would expect me to say such a thing.......

 No wonder our photos are looking so aged..... a bit like us I guess.








They have been great years together and hopefully many more to come.

I received a parcel yesterday from Jo in Tassie for our "Friends in Stitching" online group... its our Christmas swap and poor Jo has been in a bit of a panic as Aussie post was late with her parcel but all is good now.

Thanks so very much Jo..... I told you not to worry.


                                            5 parcels spelling the word "Santa" 



1 for under the tree.


S for Santa and you were spot on with this one Jo..... love my tree ornies



A for Antler and I'm sure you will be able to guess that this cute button will become a tree      ornie too.



Thanks again Jo.... I can't wait to open the next gift which is N for Nativity.

I won a beautiful cake from Devon Pixies where we have our High Teas and I'm picking it up at 12 noon today, just in time to celebrate our Anniversary..... I will show a photo tomorrow.

                                                              This is all so exciting.....


12 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations to you both for your 50th Anniversary.. Wishing you many more years together..
Nice to see your wedding photos.

Lovely parcels from Jo. Lucky you...

Enjoy your cake..

Jan said...

Happy anniversary, Helen; you're still gorgeous!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Anniversary, beautiful photos....gorgeous gifts from Jo

debbie said...

Your wedding dress is beautiful. Do you still have it? xx debbie

Sarah said...

Lovely gifts from Jo! And Happy Anniversary! What a milestone! I hope you both celebrated in style. And what a gorgeous wedding dress you had.

Jo in TAS said...

Next year I'll post two weeks in advance! Happy 50th Anniversary to you and Gavan, you made a beautiful bride and Gavan looked quite the catch!
Hugs
Jo

Fiona said...

Congratulation on your golden anniversary.. that is a special one...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
Your Pressies look so pretty too

Christine M said...

Happy anniversary to you and Gavan!

Lyn said...

Happy Anniversary to you both..that is quite a milestone..and the photo is lovely..

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary to you both - gorgeous wedding pictures.

Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary Helen and Gavan - love your wedding photos. Such great gifts from Jo.