Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fun ...Fun and more Fun.....

                                  Such a busy weekend ....

                       lots of fun spent with friends yesterday....... 

Sandi invited .... Norreen and me..... to join her on a little road trip to the Antiques and Collectibles Fair at Ipswich, so much to see there, I was a very good girl and didn't buy anything but Sandi bought a couple of lovely pieces. Naturally we visited  a couple of craft shops as you do ...... Rose Patchwork Cottage where I was a little bit naughty and then off to the Country Quilt Co. The lady at Rose Patchwork suggested if we wanted a good lunch we should go to "Queens Park"  and she was right .... we loved it there .... so much to see and do.

                                                         Queens Park Cafe



     Norreen and Sandi..... you girls are so lovely to be with and terrific fun.



                                                            Lunch of course



            whats a day out with the girls without coffee and cake....



We visited the glass house and this fellow gave Norreen such a fright sitting in the plants.



            a  beautiful bloom but I can't remember what it was called.



They also have an area with Australian animals and birds.....
 really great for children and big children too.





I loved this area..... a Japanese garden, I must come back in the summer as I'm sure it would be beautiful in full bloom...... it was a bit overcast yesterday which was a pity.






Craft shopping..... I did tell you that I was good.


                                                           Family day today....

Well I'm off now to watch Clayton (g/son) play AFL footy finals and to see Jake (g/son)as it was his 17th  birthday yesterday so he needs a big Nannie hug I think and a gift of course..... 

       I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend as much as I am.

6 comments:

Christine M said...

Looks like a lovely day out Helen. Good luck to Clayton. We're off to footy grand finals today too!

Marilyn said...

Lovely photos of your girls day out, Helen. The cafe in Queens Park is lovely. My friend and I go there for lunch when we are down that way. Always good food and good service. Hope Clayton has gone well in the finals.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Looks like a great day out with special friends..a little bit naughty is good for you. Happy celebrations to both your Grandsons.

Anonymous said...

what a fun day out Helen.xx

Jen said...

Good to see you girls having fun - I am jealous for sure.

Lynda said...

Such a lovely day out Helen - lots of fun with those girls.