Monday, February 18, 2013

At last..... hooray

 
Finished at last, it has taken so long to have this quilted that I was beginning to think it would never happen but here it is and I'm so happy.
 
Binding and label done too....
 
I'll let the piccies tell the story......
 
 
 
 
 
Yes I know it says 2013 .... I had the label made last year with the date and quilters name.... the first quilter had it for 3 months and then couldn't do it so I had to pick another quilter, of course I needed to change the name and I just couldn't be bothered to alter the year..... its not far out..... I have been trying to get it quilted since June 2012..... success at last.
 
 
 
Looks like new curtains are needed .....  it will be great to have a choice of quilts and I'll be able to change them when the mood takes me.
 
Yahoooooooo.
 

15 comments:

Susan said...

I knew your quilt was beautiful - but the quilting has really made it! I love it - not too much - just right - I am sure you must be happy with it.

Rosie said...

This quilt is sooo beautiful. I love it and the quilting is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Helen this quilt is absolutely gorgeous,well done.xx

Sandi said...

Took you long enough..lol
So now to check if you have marked it as done on your TO DO LIST...lol
cya tomorrow..

Jen said...

That is just beautiful Helen. Now to get mine quilted - think I will be doing mine myself so won't be quite as good as yours.

Lynda said...

Stunning!

Cheryll said...

It's gorgeous Helen! You should be very proud of yourself! Well done! :)

Noela said...

Just exquisite Helen. Hugs.....

Valspierssews said...

Such a beautiful quilt.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Stunning as I knew it would be Helen. It is a real heirloom. Well done.

Marilyn said...

So pleased you will be using it on your bed sometimes, it is so beautiful it needs to be out to be admired and loved.
Truly an amazing quilt.

Christine M said...

Your quilt is beautiful Helen.

Fiona said...

really lovely Helen... looks like a great job was done with the quilting... it is so nice when it highlights your lovley work...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Helen......massive big 'WOW'......

Nicola said...

One word - B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.