Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Melody's Tuesdays Treasures.....pets


Loved reading Melody's blog for her "Tuesday Treasures"  pop over to read her story it is a must read, mind you I'm having trouble typing as our little dog "Pippa" is sitting on my lap with her head buried under my arm as we are having a storm at the moment and she is very scared.
My story isn't very exciting but this is the first dog I have ever had as an inside pet, all our dogs were outside, anyone who knows me are amazed when they know our Pippa is in the house and even more amazed that she sleeps in my bedroom..... no no not on the bed I haven't changed that much........ she is the funniest pet we have ever had, she is a Jack Russell and has energy to burn.... we love her dearly. 


This is the way my hubbie and Pippa spend most evenings..... a picture no artist could paint.....

 

Looks innocent doesn't she but she is only resting after tearing her cute Tiger christmas present that Corinne gave her..... tore it to bits...... its now only a long piece of yellow material without stuffing so it needs to go in the bin.
 

and this is her other way of having fun.... killing snakes..... this one is on its back but I wasn't moving it for a photo even if it is dead..... Pippa did this while we were having our craft day, shook it and broke its back. She has been bitten but fortunately it was only a whip snake which won't kill anyone but it did make her sick .... did she learn ..... no ..... she has had a brown snake bailed up under a flower pot, shes also had a baby red belly black snake and killed it so I only  hope she doesn't get hurt by these nasty snakes.

11 comments:

marina said...

That is the joy of Terriers, they never realise their own limitations. They have the heart of a lion, glad she has survived her brushes with snakes. She looks like a lovely girl.

Anonymous said...

she's a hero, they are a lovely dog and I realise how you softened to letting her inside, Kelly lets hers in when it's feed time and he sits there as patiently as a foxie can sit while our poor MalteseX is barking outside but that is the limit to him being inside, I am like you were but I do think if it was my own dog I would mellow, Melody's story brought tears to my eye's, such a lovely story and thanks for the link

Tess said...

OMG, a snake in the wild.

Anonymous said...

What a charactor and such a funny pic of hubby and pippa on the couch,lol.
Is this a recent killing ,oh i hate snakes

Carolyn said...

No wonder she attacked her present, it looks a bit like a snake! Very cute.

Sheila said...

Pippa is a cutie , and a real warrior too ;-)

Melody said...

Pippa, the snake killer, how amazing. I love Jack Russells, they are adorable little dogs and Pippa is very beautiful. It is lovely to have your dog inside with you and she certainly looks happy on your husbands knee. Thank you so much for being part of Tuesday Treasures this week.

Teresa said...

haha.... what she did to the tiger!!!! I remember that snake too...OMG

Unknown said...

What a character!
Do you have quite a few snakes around generally or do you think Pippa might go hunting them out?
We used to have a cat who would bring home a snake almost every day - still don't know where he found them all.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Foxies are such michief makers. I love the photo of Hubby and Pippa. That was some storm yesterday wasn't it.
I would love to live in the country but the thought of co existing with the slithery types scares me to death.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

LOL....your armchair with DH, quilt and fury baby looks just the same as mine..